Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is the meter called in the pan adapter?

Options

What is the meter called in the flex pan adapter the section above the water fall ? That shows the signal peeks ? What is this called ? I circled the area I am referring

to.

Thank you

Answers

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭
    Options

Do you mean the "S-Meter" on the Flag? Your circled area indicates the Panadapter display itself, but the S-Meter shows signal-strength, with a temporary Peak-Hold.

• fpmacko
    fpmacko Member ✭✭
    Options

If you're indeed referring to the broad display expanse defined by your line then you're already correct. It's called a panadapter. The box display at the top is called the flag. The S-meter within the flag shows signal power as measured in the bandwidth of the selected filter as displayed as the light blue area adjacent to the flag. The scale on the right shows power density in the customary 1 Hertz bandwidth (dBm/Hz).

73..... Frank / WA3NHK

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

OK that what I thought it is called the S Meter.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.