Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius / Antenna Genius without Flex Radio?

Options
Hello all,

My shack consists of about 8 transceivers that feed into a 12:1 selector. The output of that selector goes through an SWR meter and tuner (****, non flexradio tuner). Then the output of the tuner goes to an 1:8 selector to pick one of 5 antennas (one of which is a dummy load). This allows me to choose the radio to operate and then choose the antenna to use. And allows me to use one SWR meter/tuner for all radios and all antennas. None of my radios have any modern means to communicate frequency details to any device like the TG.

I am interested in possibly replacing the tuner with a tuner genius for many obvious reasons. I like the fact that it can operate with older, "analog" radios. I then got to thinking, I might be well served by changing out my 8:1 antenna selector with an Antenna Genius since it can be integrated with the tuner genius.

Ok, here is my question. I know that the TG and the AG can be "commanded" by a flexradio as to which antenna to select based on the band in use. But since I don't have a flexradio, the question is, can the TG command the AG after the TG has read the frequency of operation by sensing the RF?

I wasn't sure if the communication structure is one to many (ie flexradio to TG and to AG) or if the TG can also communicate directly with the AG without the existence of a flexradio.

thanks very much!
73 Eugene W2HX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.