Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I turn on my receive RX meter

Options

FlexRadio 6500

I know this is a very basic question but I've tried all day and read everything I can find to turn on my RX level meter during receive. Can someone please give me a simple step by step how to do this.

Tnx

Best Answer

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It is always enabled, see the Red arrow. Each slice or RX window has a separate S meter.

Just a helpful hint, Please give more information when asking a question like Radio Model and what is your SmartSDR control panel (Windows, IOS, MAC, M Version of radio or Maestro) so you get the correct help you need.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Do you mean the Mic level meter?

• Ranger
    Ranger Member ✭✭
    Options

Nope, the received signal level. Also known as an s-meter

• Ranger
    Ranger Member ✭✭
    Options

Also known as show meter in RX

No received signal levels on meter

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Can you provide a screen shot of your SmartSDR screen? As Bret indicated, the S-meter is always on, so if it is not showing, there is either something wrong with your radio or you have something set incorrectly (like being on the wrong antenna).

• Ranger
    Ranger Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks guys ...

I rebooted the computer and there it is.....Thanks so much for the reply. I was looking for it everywhere including in the radio control panel.

I did mention radio model but didn't mention it was for MAC.

Thanks for the helpful reminders I'll be more descriptive in the future , I love this radio, but it can become a bit frustrating and/or overwhelming at times.

Regards

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.