Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2nd Headfone for 6400M

Options

Hello, I use the headset HEIL Pro 7 with my 6400M. Now I want to split the headfone audio, so that I can use the Pro 7 and another headfone same time. I tried a stereo Y-Cable, but there is only one side of the Y-Cable active.

Does some one have a solution?

Thanks in advcace - Detlef

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I think you might get into problems with headphone impedance being too low if you use a Y-cable. I think a better suggestion (albeit more expensive) would be a multi-channel audio mixer.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Detlef, my guess is that your Y cable splits the left and right channels into two mono channels (L on one connector, R on the other). A true stereo to stereo Y cable should work better.

That being said, Don's comments above are really the best answer.

• Detlef
    Detlef Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Don and Len,

thanks for your answers. I used a stereo Y-Cable. But the better way is to use an headfone splitter.

I bought one from fosiaudio with 1 Input and 4 Outputs and volume control for each output. The unit works fine. My impression is an general audio improvement. Not bad for an 40 Euro device.

Thank you again.

73 de Detlef - DK6OR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.