Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I turn on the accessory port on my 6500

Options
Ranger
Ranger Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have recently purchased a 6500 from FlexRadio and am adding an older amplifier. I have purchased a TR switch that connects directly to the 15 pin acc port. I have set the TX band settings to the current profile however no PTT switching at accessory port.
How do I turn on this port?
A simple step by step would be nice as I have spent the day watching videos and read several article without a solution. Help would be appreciated

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

You use the TX Band Settings screen (I am assuming that you are using the Windows based SmartSDR).

Check the boxes for the bands that you want to use the amplifier with.

On my 6400, ACC TX is pin 11 of the ACC socket. Check the documentation for your 6500 and also for the TR switch to be sure that the proper pins are used for your rig/switch combo.

• Ranger
    Ranger Member ✭✭
    Options
    You might have missed that I mentioned I've already done that but the port is still not working
  • Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Make sure that your Settings>Radio Setup>TX tab has the TX REQ Accessory dropdown box set for Active Hi/Low as necessary to key your amp.

Bill AB7AA

• Ranger
    Ranger Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the help... I've done that too... OK with settings/radio setup/TX REQ accessory set to Active low (for Heathkit SB-200) but not working. No T/R switching on device at port output
  • Ranger
    Ranger Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have also just checked the RCA 1 and 2 jacks and they are not switching either, I'm missing something
  • Ranger
    Ranger Member ✭✭
    Options
    got the RCA1, 2 and 3 working but still no luck with the 15pin port
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Please open a support ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.