Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bought a backup 6600 - Big thanks to Ken and Andy @ Flex -- here is the background story

Options
Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

I sent my 6600 in for service this past Thursday Oct 26, 2023 due to an iambic keyer issue. And thanks to Ken @ Flex for his help on getting this problem addressed quickly and providing an RMA.  My 6600 is only a year old and this will be the second time it has been back for a service issue.  My first service repair was during a busy period for the service department and I was down for about 4 weeks including shipping each way. BTW, the technicians and everyone did a great job, so nothing negative there. 

I decided to order another 6600 for backup, to avoid the long down time now and in the future. (don't want to miss any DXpeditions, LOL) I called sales and Andy @ Flex took my call. This was also on Thursday, the same day I shipped my broken 6600 to Texas. I was very lucky and the 6600 shipped the same day! It arrived here today, Saturday October 28th.  I got it installed, configured and was back on the air today. The 6600 that is in route to Texas should arrive there on Monday Oct 30 but no worries if it takes a few weeks to get fixed and back home. A second radio may be overkill and it may never be needed again. But it will be worth it to be able to quickly swap the radio if there is a problem. 

I don't know if Ken or Andy will see this post but they both did a great job helping with the problem and ordering the new 6600. So a big thanks to both for their help and great service. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6600 SSDR V3.5.9

TGXL 1.1.20

PGXL 3.7.32

Win10 Pro V2004

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Andy and Ken really care about their customers. Hams Helping hams!

Dave wo2x

• Craig Gagner
    Craig Gagner Member ✭✭
    Options

Having two Flex radios is great not only for redundancy sake. I have a 6300 and 6700 and sometimes connect them through the transverter ports with some attenuation in between to set up and test out digital mode software functionality and to carry out other experiments.

BTW, all interactions I've had with Flex over the years has been a pleasure.