Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to connect to SmartLink with UPNP enabled but router does not have port forwarding?

Options
W5IO
W5IO Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Networking

My 6400 is Cat Cabled through a switcher to the router, a WaveLink Areial G2. The UPNP is enabled but there is no port forwarding that I can find. It's cabled to the fiber modem that is in bridge mode allowing all data in and out.

I have been unable to connect to SmartLink automatically. Is there a manual way without port forwarding?

W5IO

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not knowing the setup..i guess , you need to set portforwarding in the router . Briefly looking it seems to be hidden in some expert mode. Please specify the model number , so one can read about it.

Harry

• W5IO
    W5IO Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Harry

The router is a WaveLink Aerial G2

Thanks

Maury

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭
    Options

Interesting.... Here's some 3yr-old info on this router:

Here's WavLink's "manual" - it's very short:

My summary: Update everything to latest firmware. Reboot everything. Try again. There is only "UPNP" if you want automatic; the other choice is the hands-on "Port Fowarding" which WavLink says they support. If it still doesn't work, you may want to consider other, mainstream options with a history of success and lots of configuration-guides.

Hope this helps!

• Roland HB9VQQ
    Roland HB9VQQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Forget Smartlink, too many issues, use Zerotier. No port forwarding required.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.