Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M: Getting audio routed to OBS studio and BT speakers

Options

Hi All,

Working on getting my new Flex 6600M integrated with my station's eco-system.

I have a 2012 vintage Mac mini running Windows 11 as my primary station computer. This is driven by the 2012 mini having native FireWire so I can run my Flex5000a - and it is small and quiet. Still a very capable machine and handles the SmartSDR load with no issues

I have the 6600M running well and integrated to WSJT-X using the DAX interface on the station computer. Very elegant and clean solution to routing the audio level signal from the radio to WSJT-X. With both the Maestro client on the radio and computer client running I can control the audio from either client to work with my Pro-7 headphones plugged into the jack in the back of the radio. I will use this configuration most of the time.

However, there are occasions when I like to have the radio audio come through my BT speakers while I rummage around in the shack. I have not been able to figure out how to get the DAX audio from the 6600M into the audio stream feeding the BT speakers? Any ideas? Do need to bridge with virtual audio cables?

Similarly, when I bring up the OBS Studio console I use for live streaming the Flex DAX does not show up as an available audio source. Again, help is sought.

These two seem like they may be related and have a common solution.

Thanks!

73s

Chuck de NJ6D / N7KU

Best Answer

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Chuck and the group.

OK, I understand you are using Mac Bootcamp.

Group, this makes the Mac into a Windows 11 PC. The Mac Operating System is not used. So, think Windows.

I assume you use the Smart SDR PC as the audio source and then Windows via Blue Tooth to drive external speakers, correct?

If so, here are some things to check:

On the top right corner of Smart SDR is a button to select the audio source, PC, or Flex Radio box. Be sure the button is set for the PC to output the audio.

Next, check your Windows Sound Settings. Make sure you have the source set for your Blue Tooth Speaker.

Alan. WA9WUD

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chuck

First, tell us which method you use to run Windows 11 on your Mac Mini.

• Bootcamp?
    • Parallels?
    • Other?

Alan. WA9WUD

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

And how are the speakers connected?

• cfclaver
    cfclaver Member ✭✭
    Options

Alan,

Windows on the Mac Mini - is from a dual boot (Bootcamp) configuration. I boot directly into Windows on startup. I only use MACOS on this machine if necessary.

Thanks

Chuck

• cfclaver
    cfclaver Member ✭✭
    Options

Speakers are connected via Blue Tooth (eg BT).

• cfclaver
    cfclaver Member ✭✭
    Options

Alan,

And magic happens!!! You nailed it! I did not realized the "PC Audio" icon in the upper right was a toggle button. Using the mouse to click it and it highlights blue - presto! Audio coming from the blue tooth speakers.

It also solved the OBS Studio issue - it is now coming through the PC audio chain.

Thank you so much! I wish all problems in life had such simple solutions.

This issues is fully resolved!

Best & 73s,

Chuck de NJ6D / N7KU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.