Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M: Assign internal keyer to computer client?

Options
I have a new 6600M - love it! Can I assign the internal keyer to the client running on my computer? The internal keyer is currently working with the Maestro client on the radio itself. I want to run N1MM on the computer for CW contests with the internal keyer and my key paddles available to fill in on the fly.

N1MM keys the radio just fine from the computer client, but the keyer is keying the Maestro client.

I am not finding help in the User Guide.

Thanks,
Chuck
de NJ6D / N7KU

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Chuck, I am not sure if you can do that or not, but there is another route to take.

When you have the front panel (Maestro) and SmartSDR running simultaneously, you go into MultiFlex mode, and each client operates the rig independently. If you put the front panel into SmartControl mode, everything will operate from SmartSDR, including the keying, mic, PTT etc. The front panel controls will be in sync with SmartSDR and will allow you to use either to change settings on the rig. This is the best of both worlds - the large display and mouse/keyboard controls of SmartSDR along with the physical knobs and buttons of the front panel. When in SmartControl, you don't get a panadapter on the front panel.

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You set up one CAT channel for the Winkeyer emulation and then give N1MM the COm number assigned to that channel.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.