Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PC Audio & Mic

Options

Hello when I use PC audio and input (Mic) with a wired or Bluetooth headset. I can hear OK. But where is my push to talk located at on the control panel of Smart SDR version 3.5.9 on the right column?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi James, it the MOX button:

MOX is old ham-speak for Manually Operated transmit to distinguish it from VOX or Voice Operated transmit.

Be aware that you click it once to go into transmit, then click it again to return to receive.

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Doesn't the space bar also do the same thing? I usually set a paper stack on my key board and click. Takes a second activation. To go back to receive.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I think that the space bar repeats the last button push. If you click MOX, then the space bar becomes the MOX button. The documentation says that it is just the Tune and MOX buttons, but for me, it toggles whatever button that I hit last.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

That would be nice if the space bar works as a mic PTT.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.