Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio from another computer

Options

I set my flex up first on my desktop. Everything went fine. Now I want to use it on another desktop and a laptop. Both on on the same network. The audio does not come out of the two units I did last but when I control the audio from either one it controls the audio for the speakers on the laptop I originally set the software on. I want to be able to take the laptop downstairs and hear and control the audio and mic from the laptop. Does someone know why the laptop controls the audio from the original desktop and not from the laptop? Thanks for the help. I am not using the smart link for this connection.

Answers

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

You need to switch the audio from the desktop to the laptop by going to the upper right on the top bar and click on PC Audio. Then go down to the P/CW panel and change from MIC to PC. You will have to play with the audio settings to get the mic gain and equalizer settings configured so the PC audio sounds good.

Pete K1OYQ

• Larry
    Larry Member ✭✭
    Options

Well there you are. Thanks Pete. Eight minutes to get an answer. It took me longer than that to type the question.

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

Glad I could help. Going back the other way (Laptop to desktop) will require you to do the opposite because the Flex will save all the laptop settings. So you may want to setup a profile for each to make it easier to switch back and forth. Have fun.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.