Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Band Settings Backup

Options

Every time I complete a Flex update, I always recall my just-saved profiles. However, the next time I try to use my amplifier, it doesn't work! The little TX1 check boxes in the TX Band Settings are all blank, and the power levels are all back to the default...gotcha! Gets me every time!  So, I have to go in and reconstruct all my settings.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the TX Band Settings box NOT saved during a Profile backup? If not, could this be added to future improvements?  And while we're at it, could we have the power levels in the box stay where we set 'em (and not change with subsequent RF Power adjustments)?

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Jim, the TX Band settings are saved in the Transmit Profile. That transmit profile is then saved with whatever Global profile that you have set. Check each Transmit Profile, and I think that you will find your previously set band settings. I also set my Default Transmit Profile the way I want it so that I have a second copy.

I use DDUtil to keep track of my power settings for use with my KPA 500 amp. If you have a DDUtil supported amp, this is a great way to go. It automagically changes the Flex output power to the saved value whenever the amp is changed from standby to operate. Here is a shot of the DDUtil Setup screen:

Answers

• Jim  KJ3P
    Jim KJ3P Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Len...I'll check all of this out!

--jim

• Jim  KJ3P
    Jim KJ3P Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Len: My problem was that I never established a separate Transmit profile...I always used the Default. I'm guessing that the Default is hard-coded, and any changes I made went away when I did a backup/recall.

Making a new Transmit Profile solved this...thanks for the clue!

--jim KJ3P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.