Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink from iOS still unavailable

Options
Val  DM1TX
Val DM1TX Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in SmartSDR for iOS

Hi,

I am patient and keeping my fingers crossed that the Flex Team will solve it for us all.

I am in IT and really know what this means.

From Windows everything seems to be fine even there is a noticeable delay in connection.

From my iPad I still have no connection. In between 11 September and today I was only able yesterday to connect briefly from my iPad then it went dead.

Is this also analyzed and addressed?

Or it is just me and for everybody else with IOS out there works?

I have updated since first day my 6400 and 6500 to v3.5.9 with no issues so far.

Thank you Flex for your hard work!

73 de DM1TX

Answers

• KH6XX
    KH6XX Member ✭✭
    Options

I dropped my Windows SmartLink connection and again have "No radio internet".

The Mac version also can not connect though it is showing as available.

• KH6XX
    KH6XX Member ✭✭
    Options

Not sure if this is a one off --- but I noticed on my iPhone I could not connect remotely but after doing a shutdown and restart of the iPhone, it connected.

I can now connect with Mac also.

Smartlink appears to still be unstable... sometimes you can connected and other times not.

• Bill WW5M
    Bill WW5M Member ✭✭
    Options

I have no connection via smartlink on my Iphone or Ipad - been this way for several days now. My local network works fine.

Hope this gets fixed soon!

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Bill, what version are you running? You need to be on 2.10.1 or 3.5.9 for SmartLink to work.

• Bill WW5M
    Bill WW5M Member ✭✭
    Options

3.5.9 on my computers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bill

My iPhone SmartSDR is working just fine using SmartLink.

OK, you have the latest 3.5.9 firmware for your Flex Radio.

Check the iPhone application store and make sure you have the latest version of SmartSDR. The new version will install, and the first time you run it, it will ask to download an updated security certificate file.

If you still cannot connect, then perhaps your Flex SmartLink is not working. Using a desktop SmartSDR, go to the SmartLink setup page and run the "Test". You should get a green light.

At this point, if you cannot connect your iPhone SmartSDR using SmartLink, time to submit a help request ticket to Flex. Be sure to tell them all the steps you have taken so far.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you all for answering. It seems that it is stable now and I can use again my ipad and iphone to connect.

However I am looking into alternative solution using a VPN.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.