Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

4.1 software custom bands broken?

Options

I submitted a helpdesk ticket to 4o3a... I thought maybe someone here might see my error...

The upgrade instructions say to export the settings, do the update, and then restore. All that worked. Except, the export function doesn't export the bands!

I have 2 custom bands for 80m because of some antenna limitations here, now they don't work.

The UI is different too - the selected antenna is green like it used to be, but sometimes switching to another band leaves the previous band blue - is it selected? Which antenna is active?

I just don't know.

Thanks all!

Comments

• n8wrl
    n8wrl Member ✭✭
    Options

Well it seems that the bands cannot overlap at all. I had two custom bands that divided 80 meters for my dipole and 4-sqaure. As long as the stock "80m" band which covered the whole band was there none of it worked. By replacing or disabling the 80m band (by setting crazy end-points, like 1-2) fixed it.

It would be nice if the manual said something about that, and even better if the app warned me.

Oh well, it's working now.

Also - the export function is no longer XML - it's JSON. Not a big deal, but again, a difference in the docs.

-Brian n8wrl

• Phil VK4KW
    Phil VK4KW Member ✭✭
    Options

The export function doesn't seem to capture all of the OM relay board info either. Very annoying....

Phil

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.