Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When I key the mic I get a message "Transmit slice has not been selected"

Options

Hello. When I key the mic I get a message "Transmit slice has not been selected"

Here a video I made: https://youtu.be/oT_Yj-PFQBs?si=O3tYpyaJlhB4qXsN

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Click 'TX' in the Slice flag to enable and allow transmission on that Slice - it will change from the greyed out state to red.

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If i remember well, a few power cycles and restarts of smartsdr cleared that here...

Appears randomly, but seldom.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You asked this same question on August 15th. I answered it then and it is as Erik stated as well.

Is this a different problem?

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Well why is it that I have to click on the TX flag ? Most of the time I launch Smart SDR and transmit I have no issues.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

Transmit on the relevant Slice will stay enabled in normal operation. I have never had a transmit fail issue except after installing 3.5.9 when I did have to manually re-enable TX on the active Slice. If your Slice is deactivating TX there is something going on which, without knowing what if anything you have as clients and/or what activities you engage in with SSDR, we cannot diagnose.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

I got it going I thank everyone for the help.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

How did you resolve this?

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It could really help others with the same issue if you let us know what you did to fix the problem.

I wish everyone would post the solution they find to their problem...

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

I clicked on the TX "Flag" Between the Split and the A on the slice menu. The question is how did it get turned off in the first place ? Was it the upgrade to version 3.5.9 ? But that was the way I corrected the problem.

Thank you.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

My 19 Sept answer to you shows that the installation of 3.5.9 was the cause of this for me.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

I clicked on the TX "Flag" Between the Split and the A on the slice menu. The question is how did it get turned off in the first place ? Was it the upgrade to version 3.5.9 ? But that was the way I corrected the problem.

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.