Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Low TX audio when using FLDigi on MacOS

Options
minorsecond
minorsecond Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭
edited September 2023 in SmartSDR for Mac

I've gotten FLDigi to mostly work on macOS using Loopback to connect the audio interface, but when I go to transmit, the audio level received by SmartSDR is low and I get just a few watts of TX output, even if I bump up RF Power to 100.

Is there something I'm missing in the chain where I can increase the audio output from FLDigi by chance, or is this just the way things are?

Tagged:

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

can adjust gain in loopback

see my loop-back to send data stream to fldigi

you will see i have multiple fldigi versions in loopback...i did that cause if there is an issue with the current fldigi i an easily fall back a version

also loopback is one place to increase gain for transmit

hope this helps

Paul K3SF

• cdhowe
    cdhowe Member
    Options
    If after adjusting all your loopback gains to 100%, and you still don't have sufficient audio (a situation which I ran into in my shack), download the program the xDAX helper program from

https://dl3lsm.blogspot.com

It has yet another volume control for the transmit channel that can boost the audio past what Loopback will do.

Carl WG1V