Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot Connect to SmartLink

My 6400 cannot connect to SL after the outage fix. Account settings have disappeared. I am running v 3.4.24. Just need to find time to update the firmware.

Do I need to update to 3.5.9 to get the system to connect or will it work on 3.4.24?

Dave

N4CQ

Comments

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

My 6400 works on 3.4.21 after which we saw no useful reason to update yet.

I just did a few 15M QSO´s and all works well ( i am in SAME network, not via Smartlink )

Harry DL9NDW

• DaveM
    DaveM Member ✭✭

Thanks Harry. My 6400 worked yesterday on the LAN. Problem is I can’t connect remotely thru SmartLink. 73

Dave

• ntilley905
    ntilley905 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    SmartLink is STILL not working for me, even after the 3.5.9 update.
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Dave, you can update directly to 3.5.9 without any problems. It is not required to step through each update as the latest update contains everything from the previous versions. If you use SmartLink, you absolutely need to update to 3.5.9 to be able to connect to SmartLink and start a remote session.

You may encounter problems when you update requiring you to re-enter your login information. And, due to the huge number of users trying to get back into SmartLink, it may take some time before everything starts working correctly.

James

WD5GWY

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭

You will be able to connect via LAN since that does not use SmartLink. However, until you upgrade to 3.5.9, when you hover over the radio selection, you will see an error "Radio Internet: NONE!"

But even then, logging onto SmartLink may not work. If you're patient and/or persistent, you can get it to connect, but the other programs like DAX and CAT no longer automatically connect. Trying over and over again, you will eventually see success with DAX and CAT as well.

Tim says they're working on it so I guess we must be patient.

Fred

K9SO

• DaveM
    DaveM Member ✭✭

Thanks for the comments, guys. I have been reading the messages from Flex that confirm your comments. I guess my question was sent a little early now that firm information on what happened and what actions need to be taken to get back on the air. Thanks for the replies and 73.

Dave

N4CQ

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
  • johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭

I've been connected to SmartLink since around 12PM today 9/17.

John N1JM

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭

Earlier this afternoon worked. This evening broke again.

Can not connect to smart link.

8:43 pm sept 17== 01:43-UTC

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
  • johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭

Still ok here.

John N1JM

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭

Going again longer timings was added. 08:28-utc/ sept-18 3:28Am.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.