Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is SmartSDR Poling Other Commports?

Options

I have this Arduino controlled device connected to Serial Port 13. Using a Console App that I wrote on my windows11 PC, it mimics the front panel buttons. Aux1 turns on the Astron supply to my Flex6600. Aux2 is connected the the 6600 remote On/Off port. The problem is, if Aux2 is off, the 6600 is in standby and the power button is amber. When I launch SmartSDR, the latest version, Aux1 turns off shutting down the Astron power supply. The 6600 also shuts down. For some reason, and I think it's the Fabula-Tech virtual commport is polling the handshack on all commports looking for the 6600. If I'm correct, is there a way to exclude Comm 13? The Arduino IDE uses the handshack lines to reset the Arduino Uno.

Tagged:

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Options

SmartSDR does indeed poll the COM ports looking for FlexControl devices.

• Jack6600
    Jack6600 Member ✭✭
    Options

I think I found the problem. The Arduino I'm using is a Chineese knock-off. It uses the CH340 USB chipset and it handles the Hardware hand-shake differently. The Arduino NANO from the Arduino website, from what I'm told, uses the FTDI chipset. I ordered a three pack from the store and I'm hoping the problem will be resolved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.