Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RemoteRig Connections to Flex-6600 for CW and Audio

Options
I'm replacing the TS-590 at my remote station with a Flex-6600. I've gotten used to using the RemoteRig box to hand send CW when needed during contests, DXing, etc and would like to continue doing that when I switch to the Flex-6600. I'd also like to use the RemoteRig box for both RX audio and TX audio. I won't be using the RemoteRig box for rig control, obviously.

For CW, I believe I just need to connect the PAD output on the RemoteRig box to the KEY input on the Flex-6600.

For the RX audio, I assume I just connect the PHONES output on the Flex-6600 to the SP input on the RemoteRig box? Are there any changes I need to make to the RemoteRig settings to provide SO2R audio (One slice in Left ear, other slice in Right ear; both slices in both ears; one slice in both ears, etc)?

For the TX audio, I assume I just connect the AUX/MIC output on the RemoteRig box (RJ-45) to the MIC input on the Flex-6600 (1/8" TRS)? Do I need to change the strapping inside the RemoteRig box? It's currently set to the standard Kenwood settings. The RemoteRig box provides PTT on the same RJ-45. Do I just split off the PTT on the RJ-45 and connect it to the PTT input on the Flex-6600?

Is there a better way of doing this, other than purchasing a Maestro?

Chris VE3FU

Comments

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes on the paddle and headphones.

I do very little SSB so I'm not sure on the jumpers but AUX/MIC is where it's plugged in.

A RemoteRig box is better than a Maestro since if your logger is at the remote site you can hear N1MM contest messages with the RemoteRig box but not with the Maestro alone.

Good luck,

John K1ESE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.