Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can anyone help with setting up a Flex 3000 for RMS Express with VARA HF & Signalink ?

Options
Would like to use my old Flex 3000 for our county EOC station and have not been able to find much in the way of instruction? Asked Tigertronics for the jumper pinout and ordered the correct cable. Appreciate any help with setup.
Be using RMS Express and maybe Digipan.

Answers

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You should not need anything from Tigertronics or any extra cables. You can configure VARA to use your Flex 3000 as the rig . You can achieve CAT PTT as you would with any digital mode software. RMS Express will launch the VARA engine. You will need to use virtual audio cable , the free VB Audio software is what I recommend. You will also need software to create virtual serial ports (Com0Com is popular) . The process is quite easy. With the Flex 3000 you will encounter some latency issues that can require some PowerSDR tweaking . There are articles that Tim created in this forum that help with that . Let me know if you would like further help.

Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.