Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to use a Flex 6k with Sdrplay rx switching

Options
Although I love my 6400M, sometimes I miss the SDR play for monitoring activity on bands and shortwave listening. So I want to hook that back up, on a separate antenna but have a TR switch to disconnect the sdrplay receive antenna while transmitting on the Flex. It was easy when I used it with my FTDX3000 since i just used the RF output on the Yaesu for the antenna on the sdrplay and it automatically disconnected it during TX. The flex doesn't have the option to feed the full spectrum out to another device. Wish it did.

So I understand I can use a TR switch controlled by on of the rca tx ports. Any recommendations for a simple and affordable TX/RX switch? Or any other ways to reduce the rf into the sdrplay while the im transmitting at legal limit on a different antenna?

Thanks

KG4FBY

Best Answer

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here is one example relay on Amazon. The relay can be configured as either active high or active low:

HiLetgo 12V 1 Channel Relay Module With Optocoupler Isolation Support High or Low Level Trigger

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.