Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

5.3.8, win11, waterfall not showing.. (on a brand new Surface Laptop 2 go)

Options
Hi guys,

I've been using my flex 6400 with SmartSDR for OSX for ages on a Mac,
but now i made the decision to buy a small windows 11 based laptop to run all the "companion"software more easily (wsjtx etc)

I unboxed a Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 Go yesterday, with Win11 Home on it.

SmartSDR 3.5.8 for windows is starting up and is also more or less working when directed by wsjtx, however the waterfall is not animating, and neither is the top part of the window with the spectrum graph.

The top graph part is just drawn once and freezes, and the bottom waterfall only shows a small stri p at the top and then stops.
The power meter in the frequency-flag (?!) is actually moving, so thats strange.
If i knew how to add a picture I would :/

I have tried different (graphic)settings in the app properties before starting it

I also did a tedious full reinstall of Win11, but that did not help

I hope i'm not asking about a known problem, couldn't find it anywhere in the forum
Hope you've seen this before (and know of a solution)

Thanks, Tony PA3TT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.