Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR-Mac and Windows Logging (Sharing Frequency/Mode)

Options

Hello!

My primary FlexRadio station is an M2 MacMini running SSDR for Mac. I have Parallels on this machine so that I can use N3FJP's logging software. Independently, both installations are working fine.

Would love to get the N3FJP VM to track the frequency/mode of the Flex. Tried installing SmartCAT in Parallels, but as the FlexVSP drivers aren't compatible with the M2 processor, that was a non-starter.

Is anyone running a combo similar to this? Any suggestions for how to get frequency/mode data into a Windows VM on an M2 Mac?

Thanks!

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

SmartSDR CAT and DAX do not run on M1 or M2 VM.

Dave wo2x

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

N3FJP has a TCP interface that might work. In N3FJP, go to Settings, Rig Interface, and select Flex API. Click the Test button to see if it works.

• W5JWP
    W5JWP Member ✭✭
    Options

I've tried that and no dice. Not sure how N3FJP is going to find the Flex (using FlexAPI) if I can't specify an IP address as well? I don't see a way to do that within the settings for N3FJP.

• W5JWP
    W5JWP Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok, figured this out. Working great now!

For anyone else that runs into this, no need to specify an IP address in N3FJP - as long as the Parallels/Windows VM is on the same network as the Flex, the N3FJP FlexAPI setting will "hear" the broadcast packets from the radio and grab the frequency and mode.

Oh, and make sure to set the network card to "Bridged" instead of "Shared". When using the "Shared" network option, my N3FJP could not hear the broadcast packets. Changed to "Bridged" and things started working immediately.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.