Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR won't connect

Options
Steve_K6SRS
Steve_K6SRS Member
My Windows 11 did a software update last night. Today SmartSDR no longer will connect to, or even recognize, my 6500 exists. Is this a known problem?
Tagged:

Comments

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭
    Options

OM Steve,

If you use ESET software it is the source of this problem after a recent update.. Disabling ESET firewall makes your radio visible.

After a connection is made, firewall can be switched on again. It can be a temporary solution.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Steve_K6SRS

To answer you question, there are no issues that this be a known problem.

Windows has a habit of deciding you need your firewall turned on. You may wish to look at that first.

If you haven't rebooted the radio and the PC, that might help as well (if you haven't already).

• fpmacko
    fpmacko Member ✭✭
    Options

Steve,

If this is indeed an ESET firewall problem look for a thread that was active a few days ago. A few of us had the same problem. I posted the procedure to open the ESET firewall for the flex apps. You have to open the firewall individually for SSDR, DAX, CAT, and PGXLdesktop.

73.....Frank / WA3NHK

• Steve_K6SRS
    Options
    A fresh reboot of everything fixed my problem. Thanks all!!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.