Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anyone seen crash with SmartSDR v3.5.8 on Windows 11 ?

Options

I installed SmartSDR v3.5.8 on my windows 11 desktop. Prior to that, I was running the previous version. Before installation of v3.5.8, I uninstalled the previous version and rebooted. Then I installed v3.5.8.

When trying to start v3.5.8, it open an error dialog box "An unhandled Error has occurred:", and I have added a screenshot below. When I click OK on the error pop-up, SmartSDR exits.

I did file a support ticket, but the support website also suggests looking here for other answers in case someone else has seen this and resolved it.

Neal

N6YFM

Comments

• Hel, OE8TTR
    Hel, OE8TTR Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Neal,

I did not have the same error as you, but my SSDR v3.5.8 also failed on my desktop PC (with Win11).... This was the first time after many years that an update failed so fatally!

During the installation and update everything seemed to go well/normally, but after the 1st start of SSDR it started already - first no connection to my 6400 was possible, then after seemingly solving this connection problem another, far more serious one appeared - SSDR lost his connection after abt. 5 seconds and showed an error message about it - during this 5 sec. NO reception, NO profiles, NO nothing at all... It helped neither a multiple reboot (PC and TRX) nor anything else - again and again the same game with the connection loss and the basically complete lack of function of SSDR! 

So uninstalling SSDR v3.5.8 and back to the previous version... But this was only possible after several "blue screens" of Win11 - I mean, I have not seen such blue screens for many years on my PC's...

...I was already prepared myself that I need a new Memory Card for the 6400...  :-)

But after reinstallation of SSDR v3.4.24 and successful downgrade of the 6400, everything ran normal again (of course also with the existing malfunctions, Hi) - so at least for the time being also no replacement memory card necessary... :-)

73's Hel, OE8TTR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.