Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to connect locally or remotely.

Options
Hector W2NPR
Hector W2NPR Member ✭✭

Greetings All...I am not able to connect locally to my transceiver however I continually receive the message saying "there are currently no radios available". Rebooted the PC, radio, network switch, defaulted the radio, and I continually get the "there are currently no radios available" message.

Moments ago, I tried my tablet and I am not able to connect to the transceiver remotely either. When I try to log onto SmartLink, I get an immensely vague error in a red bar. All it says is "401". When I clicked on "Sign Up", the immensely vague error in a red bar says "400"

Anyone experiencing the same issues? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Please open a support ticket.

• fpmacko
    fpmacko Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike....I just started an identical problem discussion only to find Hector's thread later. I have the exact same problem. Will open a support ticket.

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Options

If you are using ESET Anti-Virus/Anti Spyware, please be aware that ESET issued an "update" during the second week of August, 2023 that has caused a LOT of computers to stop "seeing" or connecting to their radios, or other FlexRadio gear.

Please disable ESET to test if this removes the "Block"

If it does, then you will need to edit the ESET "Settings" to add SmartSDR, and perhaps other Flexradio programs like DAX, CAT, PGXL/TGXL Utilities, to their "Allowed Applications" list.

• fpmacko
    fpmacko Member ✭✭
    Options

Everyone can feel free to contact me for guidance on how to fix this. Ken pointed me to ESET as the probable culprit. You have to change some firewall settings.

73….Frank / WA3NHK

fpmacko@gmail.com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.