Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400 ATU Is in Bypass "Transmit slice has not been selected"

Options
KG5PTE
KG5PTE Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi I re tuned my HF portable vertical antenna from 14 MHz to 7 MHz (7.210 MHz) on the 40 meter band. Now I notice my Auto tuner is in bypass and when I try to hit tune I get a message Transmit slice has not been selected ? Where do I choose a transmit slice at ? How come I did not get ths on 20 meters ?

Thank you.

Best Answers

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Click TX on the slice flag

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

It has always been that way. Otherwise, if you had more that one slice how would the software know which one to assign as the transmit slice?

Answers

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Ok page 181 of the Smart SDR manual describes the "Slice Flag". But where in the flag do I click ? I just closed out the Smart SDR on my desktop PC and launched smart SDR on my Dell Laptop. I had not have a problem tuning with that laptop. I double checked my SWR with my Rig Expert antenna analyzer . My SWR on 7.210 is 1.3

Thank you.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Weird that I had to do this. It must be a Smart SDR Version 3.5.8 glitch.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.