Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR shows gray bandscope

Options
kn4ycd
kn4ycd Member
edited August 2023 in SmartSDR for Mac
Hey guys -

Just updated SmartSDR and my 6600 to the current version 3.5.8 the other day. SmartSDR for windows is running fine, however, SmartSDR for Mac is not. I can connect and see the Demo Flex just fine (bandscope, etc). When I connect to my 6600, I just get a gray background, no bandscope, nada. I'm running the current version on the Mac, and the mac is running latest version of catalina.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Good question for Marcus.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

hi...

Smartsdr for Mac does not fully support MacOS Catalina...

The App store clearly states Big Sur and Monterey and newer OS's

so with updates to SSDR by flex may or may not break older version of smartSDR for the Mac onolder macOS's

Marcus does his best via Data Updates to keep it ruuning even for older MacOS's

i did verify macssdr on a Catalina based mac mini still works with SSDR 3.5.8 on 6600m (see below)

BUT ONLY after doing data update to macssdr

i currently also run Ventura on M1 macs and a intel mac min

there is no problem with macssdr onthese machines...

So......make sure you have done a data update for macssdr

Paul K3SF

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

When I connect to my 6600, I just get a gray background, no bandscope, nada. 

I just installed v3.5.8 and am experiencing the same issue with Ventura 13.4.1 on M1 Mac mini.

Both spectrum and panadapter display are gray with no data displayed.

I've contacted Marcus and I am confident he is well aware of the issue, though I am surprised that a fix hasn't been released.

W7NGA

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Good news!

I followed the instructions Marcus (software designer) sent and was successful loading the v3.5.8 firmware and working with SmartSDR for Mac v2.4.08.

73's

W7NGA

It’s a bug in the older firmware just carried forward.

It should usually get fixed by following Flex instructions to do a Factory reset before and after doing the update and never restore back any older configuration.

Sometimes it’s also necessary to power cycle the Radio or install the update twice.

• frc2302
    frc2302 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Another thing to check is that the MacOS firewall must apparently allow incoming connections to SmartSDR.

The Windows version of SmartSDR has been more reliable and less troublesome for me than the MacOS version.