Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How can I resolve 6300 transverter transmit problem?

Options
I am new to Flex with recently acquired 6300. Radio installed on home network with excellent connection and running SCR v3.2.39. Everything seems to be working as expected, except transverter port. Ukraine 2 meter transverter displays spectrum and hears signals from 144 to 148 MHz. The radio and transverter are keyed but no 28 MHz RF is produced to drive the transverter. When frequency is set above ~145.7 MHz, MOX says "Out of Band." The transverter transmits and receives when connected to Ant1 with radio operating on 10 meter band at 1-2 Watts. I have reviewed manuals, talked with friends, watched videos, and checked community posts. Any suggestions? Thanks...Bill (KB1WEA)

Best Answer

• SebecRadio
    SebecRadio Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I finally found the problem. Me. Watching a Flex video on transverter setup. the TX PWR column in the TX Settings table was mentioned, "power in percent not Watts." When I corrected my mistake, transverter is now working fine. Thanks, Bill

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Bill, can you post a screen shot of your XVTR tab of your Radio Setup screen?

Here is how I have my 6400 set up to use my Ukranian transverter:

• SebecRadio
    SebecRadio Member
    Options
    Thanks, Len...any ideas? ...Bill
  • KD0RC
    Options

Hi Bill, that 15 dBm Max Power looks suspicious. I think that the transverter function in the Flex is only capable of up to +10 dBm. Change that down to something 10 or lower (5.5 gives me 10 W out on mine). If it still does not work, I would submit a help desk ticket.

• SebecRadio
    SebecRadio Member
    Options
    Len, various power settings did not make any difference. The transverter has an in line attenuator allowing for up to 5 Watts input...Bill
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Can you bypass the attenuator? That's about 30dB (10dBm is 10mW) so I think that is the problem.

• KD0RC
    Options

Yep, I think Geoff is right. I don't have the version with the attenuator, but I think it is straightforward to take it out of the circuit. I don't know if it needs to be unsoldered or if there are connectors, but a quick peek in the case should tell you what to do.

• SebecRadio
    SebecRadio Member
    Options
    Thanks Len and Geoff...There is no RF output from the transverter's BNC connector. Using another transverter without attenuator did not work. There is either some obscure software setting inhibiting output or a component failure...Bill
  • KD0RC
    Options

Hi Bill, I would submit a help desk ticket.

• SebecRadio
    SebecRadio Member
    Options
    Thanks Len...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.