Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

“Diagnostics” Menu Tab?

Options

After installing the new update, my 6600M has a new “Diagnostics” tab at the bottom of the main menu (under “GPS”). I don’t see anything about this in the release notes.

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It looks like some test software crept into this release! I kind of doubt that was intentional.

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I played around with the Diagnostic thing last night. It is a test suite strictly for the M model radios. It seems to test the front panel controls along with several other things. In the right side of the screen that shows up when you access it, all the panel controls are in red. Turning each corresponding control ( both inner and outer controls) till all of the on screen control display turn green, you can run the tests. It will cycle through each control and other parts of the front panel. Once completed, you get a pop-up box with the results of the tests. One thing to watch out for is the on screen slice receiver is closed by the test. You have to touch the display and select Add Slice to get it back. Also, all your control settings are not retained. AGC-T, RF Gain, slice receiver filter and a few other things need to be reset to what you were using.

I don't know if this was added intentionally or not. As it looks like something a tech would need to diagnose problems with the M model radios. Maybe, if is intended to help tech support if a M model user reports problems with their radios.

We shall see.

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It also keys transmit too.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not seeing that 'extra' Diagnostic tab on Menu Page on my 6600m which was update to 3.5.8

last tab shown is GPS

i feel left out ;-))

my wife always says i need my head examined ;-O

Paul K3SF

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭
    Options

Nope not seeing the extra tab here on either 6600M or 6400M

Tom

NA7AA

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

After talking to one of Flex Radio's developers, it appears that the Diagnostics tab has been in the M model radios since they were first introduced. But, it was for production use and possibly tech support. It is supposed to be hidden. For some reason mine and Neil's radios didn't hide it during installation yesterday. But, after shutting down last night then restarting today, it is once more hidden. Not sure what made it go away other than shutdown and restarting. It's not something I would really use. But, it is interesting that it appeared in the first place. Makes me wonder what else is hidden in our radios software.

James

WD5GWY

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭
    Options

Big Brother ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.