Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Setup guide for TX & RX only antenna on same band - 6600 + AG8x2

Options

As the title suggests, I am looking for a guide on how to setup an RX only antenna to my 6600. Currently I have a 8x2 Antenna Genius at the base of my tower that is connected to various dipole and a hex beams, with two coax feedlines that run back to my shack.

I would like to add a 'quieter' receive only antenna for receiving on certain bands, while still transmitting using my aforementioned antennas. How do most people go about doing this?

Thanks and 73

KI5RLR

Best Answer

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Connect you RX only antenna too either of the RX BNC connectors located on the rear panel.

The receive antenna input is selected On the slice Flag (blue antenna color is receive). Left click on the blue ant, a drop down will appear. Select either RX-A or RX-B which BNC you connected your receive antenna too. That is it. The RX ant will be displayed on the slice flag. The rx antenna will be selected for that band only. You have to select the receive antenna for each band that it is to be used. Section 23 of the manual addresses this feature.

Gayle K0FLY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.