Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR 3.5.8 update

Options
Erik Carling EI4KF
Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2023 in SmartSDR for Windows

After making this update I had not quite the same audio on SSB TX. I eventually found that SSB TX filter settings had been adopted from my DIGU TX filter settings and my SSB setting was lost. I have not had this happen in any previous update.

Additionally TX DAX had become disabled though that was easy to spot and remedy.

Maybe I am alone in having SSB TX filter settings lost but could be worth checking.

I have a 'M' model and if anyone can tell me where I should see the added numeric display of RF Gain value I would be grateful because I do not. The release notes state "New Maestro and M Model Features" and not 'Maestro and M Model new features' so I am not even sure if I am supposed to see an RF gain value since my 6400M is from 2021. Or am I going blind? Maybe..

Erik EI4KF

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It's easy to miss. At the right end of the RF Gain slider under ANT1 , you can see the values as you change settings. It is reflecting the value shown in the Upper right corner of the panadapter. But, it is just the number, 8,16, etc. It doesn't have the dB designation at the end like the panadapter shows.

James

WD5GWY

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

OK James, in run mode and multiflex mode (which I do not use much) I see the number.

In SmartControl mode there is not any number. The same panel as for the other modes can be displayed and RX + TX antennas can be selected from it as with the other operating modes. In SmartControl mode, the RF Gain slider appears not to vary RF Gain at all and it certainly does not have any gain value number - not when you vary the slider and not when the gain is changed in SmartSDR. But the good news is I am not going blind..

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

In SmartControl mode you only need to hover your mouse pointer over the slider contol in SmartSDR in Windows to see the gain value. ( it doesn't stay long)

Here are photos of both the front panel and in SmartSDR on the pc showing the numbers with the Slider.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

Ok James but the update, and this thread, is about the M model panel. In SmartControl mode there is no number on the M panel. Your picture is not of a M panel in SmartControl mode.

Moving the slider in the panel when it is in SmartControl mode does nothing. It does not vary RF gain and no gain value is reported.

And to prove my point, watch the panel in SC mode when changing parameters in SmartSDR. Change antenna, the SC panel reflects the change. Change RF gain in SmartSDR and the RF Gain slider in the panel does not move (or ever report a value).

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ok, I see what you are saying. In my case when I use SmartControl mode, I don't use the slider on my 6600M's front panel to change RF Gain. I normally just use the slider under the Ant slide out in SmartSDR to make changes to RF Gain. I mostly use SmartControl for VFO and a couple of other things that the knobs make easier to control.

I guess it all depends on how you want to use SmartControl. And what things you want it to control.

James

WD5GWY

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Got an email about this thread. OH NEATO, more new software! Brace for impact! So I brought down the station, checked for windows updates (win 11 Pro X86) there were three and two were major stuff... Rolled those on rebooted the computer. I do not have a Maestro. Rolled on v3.5.8 loaded on nice. UPDATED the 6500... OK... took it all down, turned off the power supply, went to kitchen for coffee, rebooted radio, rebooted computer. TADA.

Seems to be behaving itself nicely... Worked a lot of DX, been having fun, awaiting the dead bodies falling from the sky, but completely disappointed so far. No fire, No Smoke, No Arcing, no general ham radio panic type stuff... Talk about feeling like Captain Dunsel... So easy a Cavechick could do it... <3 possibly a first without at least a little scary stuff happening...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.