Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6 Meter repeater with PL tone with the Flex 6400

Options

Does the Flex 6400 allow me to operate on a six meter repeater on FM ? I TX 52.230 MHZ RX on 53.230 MHZ with a PL tone Tone = 162.2 Enc / Dec Is this possible on the Flex ?

Thank you.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Yes! I am away from my shack so I can't provide screenshots, but if you set the RX freq, then set it to FM and click the Opt button on the flag. You will see the various FM repeater options.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It is as Len said. As far as I can tell there is no CTCSS RX, only CTCSS TX.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

So If I am listening to the KG5HFI six meter repeater in my area (https://www.qsl.net/kg5hfi/) how do I setup my Flex to listen and transmit ?

Tx = 52.230

Rx = 53.230

Tone = 162.2 Enc / Dec

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

While I am not an expert, it seems to me that you can listen to your 53.230 MHz repeater, you just can’t exclude other nearby 53.230 repeaters (if any) from breaking your squelch.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

James -> In the SmartSDR for Windows Software User’s Guide search for "Operating FM Repeaters".

All the setup info is there.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

As suggested above, the Software Users’ Guide says nothing about setting a tone on receive.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you. I only need the PL tone of 163 on the transmit side. Yes I did read the information on page 93 in the smart SDR manual.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi James, Here is an example 6 meter repeater near me in Colorado (W0TX):

By setting the mode to FM, the DSP option changes to OPT. Click OPT and you will get the FM options as shown above.

Here is how you would set yours:

To set your subaudible tone, click the little down arrow highlighted above and select 162.2. Note that the name of the tone (26 5B) is also shown, but don't let that throw you, it is the 162.2 that you are after. When you first open OPT, you will want to set the tone to CTCSS TX, set the tone, change the offset to 1 MHz and click the minus button.

Now when you transmit, it will be 1 MHz lower than you are receiving (52.230). I hope this all makes sense.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.