Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Impact of Operating Digital with Higher than normal DPC Latency

Options

After consulting with Tim, he was quickly able to diagnose my "clicking" problem on digital transmit as DPC latency (thanks, Tim). After making some changes to the computer memory allocations, I was able to reduce the latency from over 5000 to under 1000. Still higher than I would like it to be, but I can't reduce any further.

I am just curious as to what are the effects on the transmitted digital signal. I have no problem making digital contacts, but intuitively it would seem there would be some distortion with the abnormality.

Interestingly I run two 6400s remotely in TN and FL on the same computer from home in NC. Only the TN station has this problem.

Any thoughts on this issue?

Dave

N4CQ

Comments

• DaveM
    DaveM Member ✭✭
    Options

No comments on this Post from the Community experts?

Dave

N4CQ

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Well I,m not an expert but have had similar problem in the past. It turned out to be as simple as bad port on my switch. Moving the Ethernet cable helped. Another time when I suddenly started having connection issues with my Maestro it was the Ethernet cable. Switched it out and happy days! Simple but took a while to find. See if this might help?

If you aren't a network Pro, watch this video about networks with Dan Q. He IS a Pro! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpZ4dJxGILU With a Flex or any SDR radio your network will be equally as important as your antennas. Been a Flex user since 2018 and learnt this the hard way 😁

Gl, 73, Johan

• DaveM
    DaveM Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Johan

Thanks for the feedback on Ethernet cables and the info on settings. I already made some changes mentioned the article that reduced the latency from 5000 down to 1000. I’ll look into your suggestions and see if I can improve the results further.

Dave

N4CQ

• DaveM
    DaveM Member ✭✭
    Options

The DPC latency condition disappeared when I upgraded to 3.5.9 firmware. Interesting!

Dave

N4CQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.