Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR with a 6400M

Options

I have a 6400M and v3.4.24. Trying to learn how to use ssdr rather than the radio face.

I can run 2 panadapters/slices on the radio and all works well. But when I create one pan on the radio and a second in ssdr they both show as station A. Then I cannot log qsos on the ssdr slice. I created another com port for the logging program and said it was for slice B but there is no slice B as both the radio and ssdr show only slice A.

How do I run 2 pan/slices on ssdr and none on the radio? On the radio I touched the big A icon and it seems to turn off that pan/slice. But in ssdr I can only create one pan. I can create two slices in the one pan but no way to create a second pan, the icon is grayed out.

Wish my brain were younger!

Fred, K0FG

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Fred, put the front face into SmartControl mode.

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes Len that make sense. What's more - it works.

Thanks for the help.

Fred, K0FG

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

You're very welcome! Now that you have SmartControl working, you get the best of both worlds - a big computer screen for the panadapter and waterfall along with mouse and keyboard control of all features AND the knobs and buttons also control the radio!

For me, tuning, loading profiles and band changes are easiest with the mouse and mouse wheel, while Volume, Filter Hi Cut/ Lo Cut and AGC-T are all easiest using knobs. As you get used to SmartControl, you will naturally gravitate to the control interface (computer or front panel) that makes the most sense for whatever operational situation you are currently in (contesting, rag chew, etc.).

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭
    Options

Have used SmartControl in the past but only tried using one pan on the pc. But now see how it is. I am a little long in the tooth and for 53 years have used the radio knobs so it's only natural for me to do the same now. I'm trying to push myself to learn and use ssdr, you never know when a non-M version radio might come up for sale at a good price, hi hi.

This community is awesome about answering my dumb questions. Keep it up cuz I probably will keep asking.

Fred, K0FG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.