Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro vs 6x00M display resolution

Options
W9TVX
W9TVX Member ✭✭

The 6x00M models have an 8" display supporting a 1920x1200 resolution; however the Maestro has an 8" display with a 1280x800 resolution.

I must admit I'm a little baffled as to why the Maestro wouldn't have had it's screen updated given that the 6x00M basically contains a Maestro?

Tagged:

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm guessing here: the Maestro supports a teeny-tiny screen where high resolution isn't important. The M models support large screens (mine is 32 inches) where better resolution is critical.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Early Maestros ( sometimes called version A) had the lower screen resolution screen. Version B Maestros have the same resolution as in the native 6x00M radio display. The screen and the location of power button are the major A vs B differences.

AL, K0VM

• W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Al. I was looking at the data on the flex website and they have the lower resolution listed. That is what caused my confusion

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Interesting. The picture on the Flex site is a B model, but the co-located specification says 1280 x 800. Moreover, a posting by Tim says the display module was changed, but had the same specifications.

• W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    Options

Hence the confusion Hi Hi

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The hardware display resolution changed between Maestro A and B but the Software resolution stayed the same. 6x00M's to date use the same display as MaestroB. They could be different in the future.

AL, K0VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.