SmartSDR v3.5.9 and the SmartSDR v3.5.9 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.10.1 and the SmartSDR v2.10.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.8.4 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.8.4
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.20 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.20
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
Need more Expalination of repairs
I just had my 6400M repaired and I don't fully understand what some of the repair items are. Mainly I'm wondering if they will reoccur in the future. Here is a list of the repairs with questions. My radio was bought used in 2018 from Flex and came with a full warranty. It was supposedly update and fully checked out by Flex before placing on the market. Should I put a help desk ticket i to get answers?
Upon inspection and diagnosis of your radio, we found the following issues:
- Confirmed the reported problem of EULA always being displayed at boot.
- The tablet needed to be reimaged to free more disk space and resolve the reported problem. Will it fill up again and what causes it to fill up?? Is this particular to M models only?
- Radio was missing Engineering Change Order ECOs and needed to have them added. How did they disappear? Shouldn't they have been there since purchase? I don't understand this one at all. Why aren't they sent along with firmware updates. What do ECO's do to performance?
- Radio needed to be dusted off, and the fan also needed cleaning.
Radio needed full factory calibration. What would cause it to go out of calibration, and how often should it be calibrated?
In order to restore the radio to its normal operation, we performed the following steps:
- Removed covers and front panel to access the radio and its components.
- Dusted off the interior components of the radio to remove any accumulated dust and debris.
- Reimaged the display to free more space. Will it fill up again?
- Added all needed Engineering Change Orders. I would like more explaination on this.
- Carefully reassembled the radio.
- Conducted a full factory calibration on the radio to optimize its performance. What was out of calibration?
- Replaced the old 256MB SD card with an 8GB SD card running the latest firmware version 3.4.24. Was this SD card responsible for the the disk full issue?
- Performed functional tests on the radio.
- Conducted an overnight test to verify the radio's stability and performance over an extended period.
- Performed final tests.
- Factory reset the radio to its default settings to ensure it is ready for use by customers.
Leave a Comment
- All Categories
- 226 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 451 The Flea Market
- 6.9K Software
- 5.8K SmartSDR for Windows
- 120 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 311 SmartSDR for Mac
- 233 SmartSDR for iOS
- 216 SmartSDR CAT
- 154 DAX
- 340 SmartSDR API
- 8.4K Radios and Accessories
- 6.8K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 706 Maestro
- 39 FlexControl
- 822 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 659 Genius Products
- 361 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 229 Tuner Genius XL
- 69 Antenna Genius
- 213 Shack Infrastructure
- 142 Networking
- 338 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 116 Contesting
- 538 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 108 Amateur Radio Interests
- 768 Third-Party Software