Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RC-28 Remote Encoder

Options
W5JWP
W5JWP Member ✭✭
Has anyone been able to get the RC-28 Remote Encoder to work with SmartSDR for Windows? Works great with SmartSDR for the Mac, but I can't find any support for Windows. I searched the forums here and it looks like others have asked the same question with no response.

I do have the FlexControl, but I really prefer the feel and behavior of the RC-28. I like having to hold the PTT while transmitting, instead of the MOX behavior (transmitter is locked on with the first push).

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I don't know how that works, but I suspect that it uses a serial port to communicate CAT commands. Have you set up a CAT port for it yet?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I believe the RC-28 only works with the MAC version of SmartSDR (SmartSDR for MAC only -- not DogPark SDR)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.