Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Importing Profiles and Loss of Audio

Options

Hi guys....I thought I would post this in case someone else comes across it.

My 6500 is currently on 2.9.2 and I've been saving/exporting my profiles on a fairly regular basis -- just good practice, right?

I've recently acquired a 6700 which is on 3.4.24 and I thought it would be OK to import my 2.9.2 profiles into the 3.4.24 radio. I actually did it, and everything seemed to work OK -- no major blue smoke coming out of the back :-)

Of course, I needed to retune the ATU in the new radio to the antenna and this is where strangeness started to happen. The second or third time I pressed the ATU button to find a new solution, the radio would suddenly go comepletely silent. The panadaptors still worked fine, lots of stations displayed, but absolutely no audio from the headphone jack, the power speaker jack or PC Audio.

I was able to get the audio back (eventually) by completely resetting the radio. Then, retuning the ATU a couple of times would again, cause the audio output to completely disappear!

SO... the moral here is -- Don't import Global Profiles from one version (2.x) into a radio running another version (3.x or whatever). It seems to be OK to import the MIC profiles, but from there, it's best to just set up everything else manually then RESAVE/EXPORT the global profiles under the new version.

Now, this could also be because I went from a 6500 to a 6700, but I think the overall concept still applies.

Again, posted just in case someone else finds themselves in the same audioless situation. :-)

Comments

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

I have read that before on this reflector, and I believe it is mentioned in the instruction for firmware upgrades also. Your not the first one to fall victim to it and won't be the last ;-) Good hunting with the 6700 you should really enjoy it. 8 panadapters at once - I can only dream.

Pete K1OYQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.