Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does the current SmartLINK support DAX (for WSJT-X)

Options
W4AFK Bruno
W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭
  • Remote 6400
  • SmartSDR on local computer (not the remote NUC)
  • Using SmartLINK to connect to remote 6400 radio
  • All is worrking fine for voice ...
  • Trying to use WSJT-X on the local computer
  • DAX and CAT are logged in, and DAX is selected

In the WSJT-X settings, it asks for the "Network Server" and the port of the network service. <-- What do I enter? The IP address on the local computer? What "port"?

Lastly, will this even work? I have been reading that SmartLINK does not support DAX but the messages were for old versions.

I saw YouTube videos but they all addressed running WSJT-X and SliceMaster on the remote computer (one at the radio site). It is VERY unclear to me if and how to set up a Flex 6400 to remotely operate DATA using SmartLINK

Comments

• W4AFK Bruno
    W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭
    Options

UPDATE - I got SmartLINK and WSJT-X to work :-)

• Determined that in WSJT-X I had to enter the local IP address and port 5002 (from SmartCAT)
    • Using SmartLINK, I ran FT8, FT4 and WSPR beacon from my local computer and it worked

Maybe this exists, but I searched the forum but did not find a simple step by step instruction on how to use SmartLINK (w3.4.24) for data. There is a LOT of information but a lot is old.

• ab1do
    ab1do Member ✭✭
    Options
    Bruno,

I too am trying to get WSJT-X to work with smartLink, but so far without success. I have smartCAT and DAX working remotely, but cannot get WSJT-X to work. So I have a couple of questions:
    - When you refer to local IP address, you referring to the IP address of the local LAN the radio is connected to (192.168.****.****)? Or the Radio IP shown in smartLink? Or the WAN IP address of the router? Or...?
    -Do you run WSJT-X remotely (together with smartLink on the same computer)?

If you could share images of your WSJT-X general, radio and audio setup pages, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    73 de AB1DO
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

If CAT and WSJT-X are on the remote PC (at operator position, not the radio location) the in WSJT-X, choose Flex 6xxx. For network address use 127.0.0.1:5002. On the right click CAT, Data/Pkt, and Fake It.

You can use None instead of Fake It and set TX bandwidth from 100 to 3000 Hz.

In both SmartSDR CAT and DAX on remote PC (at operator position) you need to log into your SmartLink account from each and select your radio.

Dave wo2x

• ab1do
    ab1do Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Dave,

Thanks for your response - it made all the difference. Everything is now working :)

73 de Joe, AB1DO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.