Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot get MIC audio to work with SMARTSDR and 6600M without using VOX.

Options

I rarely use SMARTSDR with my 6600M especially on SSB. I usually use the front panel of my Flex. However, I would like to use SmartSDR on FD. Everything works fine on CW. However, on SSB, I cannot get the audio to work UNLESS I use VOX. I really don't want to use VOX but would, instead, rather just press the MOX button and talk. However, when I do so, the audio does not show up in the MIC area of the DAX window and, of course, does not then modulate the radio.

I am using a USB microphone and have it selected as the Input Device under Windows Sound Settings. I see audio in the Windows Input Display when I talk.

Attached is a snapshot of my SMARTSDR setup. Any ideas why I am not seeing any audio when I select MOX and talk? The only way I see audio is if I select VOX.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Al, K0AD

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Al, turn off DAX and it should work.

• Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭
    Options

Len;

Thanks! Sure enough, that did the trick.

AL, K0AD

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Excellent!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.