Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL Port B Issue

I've owned the PGXL for going on three years and have only now had a need to hook up a second transceiver. The old IC-7851 is on Port A and the new IC-7300 is on Port B. Port A still works as it should. Port B seems to work well in PGXL standby mode -- RX and TX all OK and SWR is good. Then I go to PGXL operate mode -- receiver still receives but the exciter shows infinite SWR and no RF out when attempting to transmit. Both exciters key the PTT line in the PGXL and CI-V is working OK for both exciters.

So I decide to put the old IC-7851 on Port B (with corresponding cabling and CI-V changes) to see what happens. Same problem. Port B gives an infinite SWR reading on the exciter.

I've re-read the manual multiple times looking for an answer. Have I missed something?

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Open a Help desk ticket.

Sounds like an issue with SO2R switching inside the amp.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.