Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to use my PC to remotely PTT my FLEX 6500 radio.

Options
TimBoukou
TimBoukou Member ✭✭
New to FLEX Radio. My 6500 is in my shed (converting to a radio shack). I have power and internet connectivity. All of my antennas terminate there. I would like to PTT from inside my home. I have no issues with connectivity.

Best Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Tim

Understand, no Maestro.

Can you use the MOX button on the SmartSDR computer display? Are you using Windows or Mac?

Alan. WA9WUD

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You need to check that you use the right audio path. Either your standard windows path and NO DAX active on smartsdr. Be sure you select PC as input . Or you set up a DAX Channel and use DAX on the Smartsdr settings. little more delay, maybe , but more control over audio path. For instance you can use the voicekeyer from K9DUR. Also you can mix in other audio sources using something like voicemeeter in the audio path with DAX.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Tim, are you running SmartSDR or using a Maestro (or both)?

In SmartSDR, you can click the MOX button. Your PC would provide mic audio to the rig and speaker audio from it.

If you have a Maestro, it would provide the PTT and audio in both directions.

If you want a remote solution with a physical PTT button, there are ways to wire that up to work with a CAT port.

• TimBoukou
    TimBoukou Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi,

Unfortunately I do not have a Maestro and they are not available until the fall. I was hoping to use a USB port on my laptop.
  • TimBoukou
    TimBoukou Member ✭✭
    Options
    I’m using Windows 11
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

OK, is the MOX button on SmartSDR sufficient to meet your needs, or do you need something different?

Alan

• TimBoukou
    TimBoukou Member ✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, this is very new to me and I have not used the MOX.
  • KD0RC
    Options

Hi Tim, here is a link to a thread here that discusses how to do it:

Not sure if this is current, but it is probably a good starting point.

• TimBoukou
    TimBoukou Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you
  • Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Easiest way is use FRSTACKS , there you can either use keyboard shortcut, or as i do, use comport ( can be via usb ) and switch with dtr/cts shorting.

Harry

• TimBoukou
    TimBoukou Member ✭✭
    Options

I downloaded FRSTACKS and I am able to MOX/PTT. The radio goes into TX mode but I do not see any power out or SWR when I transmit. I am using a USB microphone/headset.

• KD0RC
    Options

Hi Tim, do you have your mic set to PC?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options
  • TimBoukou
    TimBoukou Member ✭✭
    Options

Greetings all. I have been successful with remote tx via my PC. Thank you all for your support.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.