Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 does not function on 6 meters.

Options
Cannot hear any signals. RF Power set to 100w and Flex meter indicates 60 watts out. However, digital watt meter does not register any power or frequency. Antenna checks okay with RigExpert AA-55 ZOOM. DAX on flag set to 1. TX Band Settings: RF PWR 100, Tune PWR 15. What am I missing?

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi John, what mode are you running? DAX should be off for phone or CW and on for digital modes. Can you post a screenshot of SmartSDR?

• John S Comella
    John S Comella Member ✭✭
    Options

Len, I was using CW. A few days ago I called CQ on 6 meters. Checked RBN to see if I was being heard anywhere and what came up was two reports of my signal in the 20 meter band!

• KD0RC
    Options

Hi John, everything here looks good. Can you go to TX Band Settings and verify that PTT Inhibit is not checked for 6 meters? Also make sure that the other options are set correctly.

You might also want to be sure that your key is plugged all the way in to the radio.

If all that is OK, try a factory reset (after exporting profiles).

If that doesn't help, I would submit a help desk ticket.

• John S Comella
    John S Comella Member ✭✭
    Options

Len, I've done everything you suggested except the factory reset. How do I do a factory reset?

• KD0RC
    Options

Hi John, From section 40 of the User Guide:

FLEX-6300, FLEX-6400/M, FLEX-6600/M Reset Procedure

With the radio powered off, press and hold down the power button until the Power LED blinks white, then release the power button. Allow the radio to continue booting normally. 

Be sure to export your profiles first.

• John S Comella
    John S Comella Member ✭✭
    Options

Len, I will try this tomorrow. I don't have any profiles but I want to make a record of various settings. Thanks for your help

• KD0RC
    Options

Hi John, part of the profile save is the persistence database. It will restore current settings if you do a profile import after the reset.

• John S Comella
    John S Comella Member ✭✭
    Options

Len, Len this a screen shot - key down on 6 meter CW into a dummy load after I did the factory reset. Ugh!

Radio plays okay on all bands but 6. I suppose I should seek help from Flex.

Len, thanks very much for your help! 73, John, N8AA

• KD0RC
    Options

Hi John, try the same experiment, but open a second slice in a new panadapter, put it on the same frequency and mode and turn on Full Duplex (FDX). Put the second slice RX on a different antenna from the transmit antenna, then transmit into the dummy load. If you get the same display, then you should submit a help desk ticket.

The second panadapter and slice in FDX gives you a much better indication of what the TX actually looks/sounds like.

After the factory reset, are you able to hear on the band?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.