Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Operating an external tuner on one slice and internal tuner on a second.

I have a remotely operated 6400 with internal tuner & SSDR 2.9.1 Current antenna is a B&W 90' folded dipole. I plan to add a zero five 10--80 vertical ground plane to the mix. The flex internal tuner is specked at 3:1, Zero Five recommends a 5:1 for their vertical. Thus, I plan on a remote coupler at the antenna base. such as the MFJ998RT. I figure if I assign the vertical to slice B and select bypass by deselecting ATU on each band it will allow safe operation of the remote tuner while maintaining my regular operations on slice A with the folded dipole. That said I expect pressing Tune with the ATU in bypass the remote couple should tune and not affect the internal FLX tuner.

Does this sound correct?

Thanks Steve AG4SO

Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

There was no mention of an antenna switch. With a 6400 there are two antenna connections, so one could be the dipole and one the vertical. Any slice can be connected to either antenna. It is also possible to listen on one and transmit on the other.

I have a dipole for transmit connected to ant 1 and a low noise receive antenna connected to ant 2.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Steve, that sounds right.

• Thanks for the feedback folks.

73 Steve AG4SO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.