Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2.9.1 CW Still Broken

Options
Geoff AB6BT
Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Just upgraded to 2.9.1 on a 6400 and the CW mode is still broken. I just called a couple DX stations on 15 Meters and couldn't send a coherent call. Luckily after a few attempts the DX figured it out.

The only way I can fix this is the reboot the radio.

This is really frustrating!!!

Comments

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

They apparently no longer fix CW bugs anymore.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

And no comment from anyone at Flex...

• Mike Proske
    Mike Proske Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here 6400m

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I believe it is a well known, long-standing, problem affecting many CW operators.

I don't understand why there has been no fix applied lo these many years.

Perhaps there is no remedy and we'll all have to resort to external keyers...

• Mike Proske
    Mike Proske Member ✭✭
    Options

I believe that folks have still had issues with external keyers otherwise I would have gone that route some time ago

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You may be correct, but I haven't noticed a problem with a straight key so my assumption is that an external keyer would work.

I have not tried one yet.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What percentage of CW operators experience this?

If the percentage is low then I might be able to understand Flex's lack of action to resolve the problem.

On the other hand, If the majority see the same problem then I see no reason why this should not be addressed and fixed.

Can anyone answer my question?

• phillijs
    phillijs Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with CW, good to know that you can re-boot and correct the problem. Hopefully, the issue will be identified and corrected.
    John
    KL7RI