Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR Software addtion to show band limits.

G3DEN
G3DEN Member ✭✭

It would be good to have the band limits shown on the software, a thin red line etc.

The software has the information to diable the TX side so it should not be hard to program this in.

It would be just a enhancment to the software, I know that we all know the limits.

9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Ralph03894
    Ralph03894 Member
    We don't all know the band limits off the top of our head -- I've been a Ham for about a year and I'm constantly referring to a paper reference to remember. ALSO -- please display the band in meters somewhere!!! The band menu selection buttons don't even show which band is selected. Again, I'm constantly having to refer to a paper reference to tell what band I'm on. Yes, I'm learning but let's give new hams a leg up by telling them what band they are on. I don't know, but I would bet that most hardware interfaces have both the band and the frequency displayed. What about the Maestro -- does it show both? Please make this improvement in Smart SDR. KC1RWK - Ralph
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

I use a permanent TNF to accomplish this. Right click on the band edge desired, based on license class, country or what ever. Select create TNF. Adjust the width desired by moving the TNF cursor up and down. For example, 3khz to keep transmit frequencies within band limits. Once set, right click and select Remember. The TNF will change color from yellow to green, and will always be there until deleted or changed. Easy to change the marker with license upgrade or whatever.

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭

The Mac version has this feature already. It is a color coded stripe on the bottom of pan adapter. The colors relate to band plan segments. Band edges are of course clearly shown. Try Smart SDR for the Mac, it is a advanced version of SSDR. Many more features, better look and feel, better performance and reliability.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2023

I built band-edge detection into my TeensyMaestro. If you go past a band edge for your license class, it pops up an out of band message in SmartSDR in the form of a spot that times out in 5 seconds.

If you wanted this functionality, but don't want the trouble and expense of the whole TeensyMaestro, you can just buy a Teensy board and the Ethernet connector option for under $35 USD from PJRC.com. Edit the config file on the SD card with your info, load the firmware and go.

It is pretty much plug and play. It connects using Ethernet and is powered from a USB port. There is a user manual that gives step by step instructions for loading the firmware and editing the config file.

It also has "permanent" spots that can be used to mark band edges. I use them to show nets, repeaters and W1AW code practice frequencies. They are editable in the config file.

Search GitHub for my call (KD0RC) to find the TeensyMaestro project. There is also a TeensyMaestro thread on this community that may be of interest.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.