Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What to do when your Flex radio gets sick

Options

Have a backup plan. In my case, the Flex 5000A and KE9NS'S version of PowerSDR.

Comments

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Trucker... when you , same as i , are lucky enough to own a 5000 or 3000 and have it connected ..

the 6xxx is the backup plan ( in most cases )

Harry

Luckily owning a 6400 ( remote site ) and a 5000a ( local )

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I own 2 6000 series radios. 6400 and 6600. One is used in shack while the other in for repair. Currently it is my 6600 that is in for repair. You basically need to have two for continuous operation.

• frc2302
    frc2302 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Dan Trainor - that seems like a lot of breakage. Care to share the reasons for all the repairs? As a new 6400 owner, I'm just wondering what the common failures might be.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sent my 6600M to Flex once in 5.5 years—to install the optional GPSDO. I use the radio every day.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've had my 6400 for about 2 and a half years and it has not moved from where I installed it originally.

So far so good for me...

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have had my 6500 since November 2015. It has never needed repair. It just works.

73, Craig KØCF

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have had my 6700 since the first shipments of the radio in 2013, it went back once within the 1st year do to a Hardware update in the receiver and once for a SPA day this past April just because I had the time to have it done. The Radio has never been sent in for Repair that made the Radio unusable.

I leave my radio on 24/7

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have had a 6400 on nearly continuously for over 5 years w no maintenance.

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, Main circuit board failure, fan failure, SD card replacement, ATU failure, and another one I can’t recall.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.