Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I connect a PC headset to 6600(M) ?

Options
EA8DIG
EA8DIG Member ✭✭

Hello,

Not the owner yet. Currently can use any PC headsets with my ICOM rig.

Prefer PC headets to Heal etc. Have good stock of the very nice PC headsets.

Question: Can/how I connect the PC headset to the FLEX 6600(M) ?

Thank you.

EA8DIG / ED8M

Best Answer

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It also depends on the type of connectors on the headset. I use SteelSeries headsets -- one wtih the older dual-phone plugs (one for mic, one for headphones) and another, newer one which had a USB plug. I was able to get an adapter from the manufacturer which changed it to a single 3-ring phone plug and I just acquired an adapter to split it out to two phone plugs again.

The SteelSeries work well for me, but you'll need to tweek the TX equalizer for your voice, etc.

• Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭
    Options

I have just upgraded to a Flex 6600 from my 6300. I work for a company that manufactures headsets, so I have been using one of ours (we supply the TV Broadcast and Content industry). We use the standard 4 pin XLR. I made an adapter cable for the headset for 6300 that mates with the 8 pin with a split for radio audio. I also switch between that and Yasue desk mic. I need to remote the PTT, MIC and Earphone to the front to allow the same setup. The issue being the PTT at the desk mic and the PTT from the foot switch. I assume the PTT can have both keying items connected at the same time but the headset versus the desk mic is a bit of a conundrum. Any advice appreciated.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.