Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 and SPE Expert 1.5K FA amp

Options
N5DUP
N5DUP Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a Flex 6500 and am using SmartSDR v3.4.23 and am trying to key my SPE Expert amplifier using the TX1 rca jack on my 6500. Using a volt/ohm meter I am seeing no state change on TX1 when the radio is in transmit mode. The only thing I see in the SmartSDR user document about keying an external amplifier is an explanation of the TX tab under Settings-> Radio Setup and as far as I can tell those settings are for delay on ACC, RCA TX1, RCA TX2, and RCA TX3. The profile in that tab is set to Default. I’m not sure if I have a software configuration problem or a hardware problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul
N5DUP

Best Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Paul, open the TX Band Settings window. Make sure that there is a check mark in the TX1 column for the bands that you want to use the amp.

• N5DUP
    N5DUP Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you, Len

Paul
    N5DUP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.